Care Guide – Solid Timber, Hardwood Flooring, Laminate & Floating Floors
TIMBER AND LAMINATE FLOORS CARE GUIDE
A few simple maintenance procedures to be followed in order to keep your timber, hardwood, laminate or floating floors in a like-new condition.
We recommend the use of Universal Polish periodically (6-18 monthly intervals, depending on traffic).
For stain removal on laminate floors the use of acetone or methylated spirits with a cloth to the area to be treated, allow to stand a few minutes then rub dry. Repeat if necessary. Finally, wipe with a well rung damp cloth.
- All floating, laminate, solid timber & hardwood flooring areas are to be cleaned with a minimum amount of moisture. A well rung damp mop which is then left to stand for ten minutes has the maximum amount of moisture necessary to clean the floor.
- The use of Universal cleaner on all floors diluted to the recommended strength. (Note: excess cleaner will leave streaking).
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or detergents on the floors.
- Do not use steam or micro fibre mops on floating floors.
- Where spillages occur immediate clean-up is necessary to avoid damage.
- Repair kits can be purchased for both the timber and laminate flooring to fix minor damage.
- We highly recommend the use of door mats to prevent the possibility of damage from abrasive particles that are walked in onto the floor.