No one can deny that DIY projects are exciting and leave you feeling accomplished and satisfied. Most people love the results of their hard work even it’s not quite up to professional standards. There’s nothing wrong with experimentation but do you really want to purchase expensive flooring materials and risk an inefficient installation? At CTM Flooring, we encourage our clients to consider a professional installation and here are some reasons why.
- They know what they’re doing – Tiling professionals have been trained for this job; they can provide you expert guidance and advice on the type of materials that will suit your requirements and will help you with colour and format selection. They are also well-versed with the tile installation process. They understand common tiling mistakes, know the proper installation procedures, and will usually double check their installation to ensure the floor is completely level. DIYers won’t take these precautions and often end up with uneven floors which can cause accidents. If you hire a professional installer, you can avoid this problem.
- Right Amount of Materials -DIYers often purchase less or more than they need for their flooring projects. They don’t understand how to measure the floor and how the tile size relates to the measurement. Professional installers have done this several times before and know exactly how to measure floors and purchase products. They understand how much material is required for a project, and work to minimize wastage. This would reduce your overall expense and still give you great results.
- A Well-Managed Project- Mistakes can happen when a flooring project isn’t managed well. If you want your floor to be installed quickly and properly, you need to make sure that everything is in order and happens on schedule. From the delivery of materials to the installation date, everything should fall in line. If the installation is handled by the same company you procure the flooring materials from, you won’t have to worry about unexpected delays, mismanagement of resources, unnecessary expenses, and the quality of the workmanship.
- Warranties- In a DIY installation, if something happens to your flooring, you have to bear with it. After all, you are responsible for you own work. However, professional installers offer their own assurances and warranties to their installation. That means if your flooring gives you problems during the warranty period, you can contact the installer and ask them to resolve the situation without any added expense. You can be sure that your floor would be properly installed and remain problem-free for many years to come.
- Stress- When you work on a DIY project, you need to arrange your personal and professional life accordingly. You are forced to give up your weekends and work when you should relax. That just adds to your stress and can disrupt your life. When you hire a professional, you don’t need to worry about the project. You can leave everything from the supply of the materials to the installation to them and just enjoy the results after the project is complete.
If you want to know more, don’t hesitate to contact us at CTM Flooring. Our number is 02 9002 4140 for Sydney and 02 4322 8377 for Central Coast. We’ll be happy to hear from you.